Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail, and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold, and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will take joy in the God of my salvation. (Habakkuk 3:17-18).
- If you are a follower of Christ, be ready to respond, to these questions.
- If YOUR God is so great, why is there so much suffering, in the world?
- Where is YOUR God, when so many are going hungry and homeless?
- Why is YOUR God, allowing you to go through, so much pain and heartache?
- Why isn’t YOUR life going better?
- YOU’RE a Christian, aren’t you?
I confess that I am guilty, of asking these very questions.
I hate to admit that, but it’s the truth.
I want honesty, not what I think you want to me say.
We can’t grow in our faith, if we aren’t willing, to be honest with others, but most importantly, we need to be honest with ourself.
God already knows what’s in our hearts anyway. Nothing is hidden from him.
My response to these questions
- I don’t have the answers.
- God is Powerful.
- He alone knows why he allows things to happen.
- His ways are better than our ways.
- He sees the bigger picture, and I do not.
- God is the one, in Control, of ALL things. Not Me.
I can honestly admit, that I will say, God, is in Control of my circumstances, until his way, doesn’t line up, with my way.
Then that little seed of doubt will slide in.
I start questioning:
- Does God really have his hand in this?
- Does God know what is he doing in my life?
- What good will come out of all this?
- I don’t understand what you are wanting to show me, Lord.
Trust me, I know how difficult it is, when you’re circumstances, aren’t what you want them to be.
Since 2008, I have dealt with one health issue after another.
It seems there is no light, at the end of the tunnel.
Just this past week, I had a vertigo spell and was in bed all day.
The following day, I smash my finger in the door and ended up with 3 stitches, and a tetanus shot, for my effort.
But even in the midst, of all my struggles, God is the one in Control, not Me.
I am stealing a quote from my Pastor.
God isn’t a vending machine, where we can demand, what comes out, and what doesn’t.
No matter what we are going through, God is ALWAYS Worthy, of our praise and worship.
- Even when it’s hard.
- Even if we don’t feel like it.
- In ALL seasons.
- Not just the easy ones.
The problem is, we tend to think since God isn’t removing, the trials and tribulations, we’re up against, he isn’t worthy of our worship.
We feel God is punishing us, so why should we give him our praise.
It isn’t changing our circumstance.
Then Satan will come slithering in and start reminding us, of ALL our mistakes.
Then we start doubting the very promises, that God has given to us.
But the problem isn’t God failing to keep his promises to us.
The problem is a failure on our part, to understand that God is working, in our lives, to change us.
It’s in the midst of the most difficult seasons when we should be Praising God most.
It will change our priorities.
Only then we will see our need, to fall at the throne of Grace, and ask for God’s mercy.
We Learn! We Grow!
Many times we’re unable to understand, why we are going through certain situations, and our only comfort is the knowledge of knowing, we aren’t alone.
God is right there beside us, holding our hand.
The best part is, he will never let go.
Doesn’t that make you wanna shout it out, at the top of your lungs, to everyone you come in contact with?
- Worship and Praise, is a declaration, to proclaim faith, to stand firm, in the trial God has given you.
- Worship and Praise, is a proclamation, that Satan’s intent to plunder you, will not be shaken.
- Worship and Praise declare that you will not be moved, by Satan’s attempt to stumble you.
You declare you are standing firm, in God’s steadfast Love, regardless of your circumstances.
Say these words out loud to yourself when life gets too hard, and you don’t “feel like” giving God the worship he deserves.
Worship is a choice.
It can be in a song, raising your hands…etc
- I choose to believe, God ways are better than my ways. I choose to worship because God is worthy of my praise!
- God is who he says he is, and he keeps his promises to me. I choose to worship because God is worthy of my praise!
- It doesn’t matter how pressing my circumstances are. I choose to worship because God is worthy of my praise!
- Satan can remind me of my past mistakes all he wants. I choose to worship because God is worthy of my praise!
The video below is my battle song.
Someone at my Church this past Sunday asked me if I heard this song before.
I replied, “I sure have.” Listen, my Friends!
Your Sister in Christ
Welcome! My name is Angie and I’m all “about” sharing the unconditional Love, Hope, and Salvation, that is found in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I’m just a nobody wanting to tell everybody about somebody…JESUS CHRIST! I write about my ups and downs, my struggles and insecurities, but above all else, I share how God brings me through it all. Let’s continue our walk with Christ together.