God’s Will for us IS found in his Scripture’s and the only thing we must do is open it to see for ourself.
Let’s dive right in to learn what God’s Will for our lives look like in the Second Study.
“Making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ”
Something in the past that was hidden but now is being revealed by God
- Wants us to understand and know.
- Telling us the mystery of His will.
- Know so that we can walk in His will.
“Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages 26 but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith”
The mystery of God’s Will has been revealed through the person of Jesus Christ.
Trail Markers on the Path of God’s Will:
- Saved: John 6:40
- Sacrificed: Romans 12:1
- Separate: Romans 12:2
- Studied: Romans 12:2
5. Sexual Purity
“For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality.”
God’s Will is our sanctification
- We are to be growing in our Christ-likeness.
- The will of God is our holiness, purity, and to be set apart.
- Christ is drawing us into His purity and holiness.
- There is an encroachment into our lives and an attack by the world.
Christ calls us to holiness
- We are all tempted but Christ is the answer.
- Stand for holiness by the grace of God. Fight for purity.
“But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints.”
6. Celebrating (Rejoice Always)
- We are called to rejoice always and in all circumstances.
- Trials do not = pain and pain does not = bad because they are God’s Will and purposes.
- If the dove of Christian joy is to continually mount upward, it must fly on the wings of prayer and thanksgiving.
7. Supplicated (Pray Without Ceasing)
- This is a persistent pursuit of Christ.
- This is prevailing prayer and He draws near to us.
- Prayer is an alignment of our thinking with His thinking.
- Do you want fellowship with the Spirit?
- Then, pray without ceasing.
“Put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.”
“Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 27 And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.”
The Holy Spirit assists us in our weakness in prayer.
8. Satisfied (Be Thankful)
- We are to be satisfied with everything.
- We are to bow the knee in everything.
- Jesus Christ feels our pain and knows what we are enduring.
“About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them”
The “always” of Scripture comes from 4 sources:
- The undeniability of His goodness.
- The infinity of His power.
- The immutability of His character.
- The invariability of His plan and His purposes.
“And this, not as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then by the will of God to us.”
Do you have an abiding interest that everything would be given over to God’s Will?
God’s Will is to live a habitual life of sharing, first to the Lord, and second to others.
God’s Will is to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself.
This is what it means to take up our cross and follow Him. This is the purpose of the church. Christ called us out of the cold into the warmth of His provision and grace.
- We must give generously to the Lord with everything completely.
- We need to build relationships of love and trust and be a source of encouragement.
- The world has us in a cold wet storm where we are soaked to the core.
- The Lord has built a church and welcomes us in to make us warm and comfortable.
- God loves us and wants a relationship with us as friends.
- God wants to nourish and strengthen us.
- We must ask the Holy Spirit to reveal which trail markers we are weakest in that has been listed so far? We must ask this question and answer it honestly. Where am I falling short?
10. Set Apart
“Then he added, “Behold, I have come to do your will.” He does away with the first in order to establish the second. 10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”
Jesus taught us that it is right and good to set aside our will in order to do God’s Will.
- In the old covenant, they would sacrifice animals, but the blood of bulls and goats can never take away sins.
- But, Jesus comes in the new priesthood to save and sanctify us once and for all.
3 Aspects of Sanctification:
- In Christ, we are sanctified. It is finished.
- We are set apart in the grace of His love
- Declared righteous.
We are called to develop our sanctification. Hebrews 12:14.
The Lord Jesus Christ is developing in our sanctification. Jude 1:24
Jesus Himself is sanctifying us.
He is growing us and we do not have to do it on our own.
The question is, “are you in the “we”?” in
Hebrews 10:10 “
“We” have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” He is calling all to repent and be born again.
“The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent”
My sincere desire for you is to draw closer to God’s Will and seek fellowship and communion with him.
I would love to know if you are growing spiritually?
Is God’s Will clearer for you?
Be sure to read more on the Path of God’s Will
Check out the Armor of God Study
- Study on the Armor of God Part 1
- Study on the Armor of God Part 2
- Study on the Armor of God Part 3
- Study on the Armor of God Part 4
- Study on the Armor of God Part 5
- Study on the Armor of God Part 6
- Study on the Armor of God Part 7
- Study on the Armor of God Part 8