God’s Will for us IS found in his Scripture’s and the only thing we must do is open it to see for ourself.
Let’s dive right in to learn what God’s Will for our lives look like in the First Study.
But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
- Scriptures are all that we need for salvation–to be born again.
- The Scriptures are sufficient so that a child of God may walk in His ways.
But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge.
- The will of God should be for us a path, not a specific point.
- It’s a path of multiple choices that are equally moral, equally righteous, equally wise, and equally Godly.
- Following God’s program of guidance is how we should think about finding God’s will.
- As believers, we desire to know God’s will and walk in His will because we want to honor our King.
- Jesus gave the example for us because He walked in the Father’s will.
I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.
And he said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”
In all matters, we must prioritize God’s Will. His desire must be our desire.
“I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.”
“Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
Try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord.”
We should work to learn what is pleasing to the Lord and do that which pleases Him.
”So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him.”
“For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.”
“And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding”
God desires for believers to be full of knowledge
“Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ Jesus, greets you, always struggling on your behalf in his prayers, that you may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God.”
- The emphasis of Scripture is on God’s moral will, not a detailed, individual will for each person.
- God’s will is not a series of dots but is a path which is marked by clear guide markers.
- We are not looking in Scripture for specific guidance for every decision; rather we are looking for guidance along His path.
- We will look at 18 trail markers in the Word of God. The Lord has marked out His moral will to us.
Making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ”
“The mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. to them, God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”
- God’s will is about you and I being a certain kind of person.
- These markers will make a point about our character.
- These are character qualities.
“Who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
“For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,”
“Yet it was the will of the Lord to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.”
“This Jesus delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men.”
- God has provided a way.
- Will you repent and believe?
- To repent is to turn away from your sin and turn towards God.
- To believe is to trust that Jesus’ work on the cross is the way of salvation.
“I appeal to you, therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”
- God wants all of our heart, mind, souls, and strength.
- This is what Jesus commanded when He told His disciples to deny themselves and take up their crosses and follow Him.
- To be conformed is to be fashioned to the world system.
- We are commanded to be separate from the world.
“Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world— the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life —is not from the Father but is from the world. 17 And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
- How are you actively creating separation from the evil world system because it’s actively trying to conform you to its ways?
- God and the world think very differently.
5 Ways that the world is trying to conform you to its ways:
- We are to be transformed by the renewing of our minds.
- Our minds are renewed by the studying of Scripture.
- The word of God changes our minds into a vessel to know and do His will.
That wraps up Part 1 and I hope it speaks truth to your heart.
Be in Prayer for the Holy Spirit to unveil truths of scripture for you to see clearly how God wants to work in and through you.
Be sure to read more on the Path of God’s Will
Check out the Armor of God Study
- Study on the Armor of God Part 1
- Study on the Armor of God Part 2
- Study on the Armor of God Part 3
- Study on the Armor of God Part 4
- Study on the Armor of God Part 5
- Study on the Armor of God Part 6
- Study on the Armor of God Part 7
- Study on the Armor of God Part 8