Finding Hope and Healing from Physical Abuse
Finding hope and healing from physical abuse. Learn the signs of a physically abusive relationship so you can help someone in abuse find safety.
So if you expect that someone you love and care about is experiencing Domestic Violence...Aka...Physical Abuse? Have you noticed the following warning signs?
- Their partner puts them down in front of other people
- They are constantly worried about making their partner angry
- They have unexplained marks or injuries
- They’ve stopped spending time with friends and family
- They make excuses for their partner’s behavior
- Their partner is extremely jealous or possessive
- They are depressed or anxious, or you notice changes in their personality
If someone you love is in a physically abusive relationship, it can be hard to know what the right thing to do is. Your instinct may be to “SAVE” them from the relationship, but trust me when I say it’s not always that easy. There are numerous reasons why people stay in abusive relationships and leaving can be very dangerous for the victim. You must understand that abuse is about power and control, so one of the most important ways you can help a person in an abusive relationship is to consider ways you help them find safety and security. This is a topic many don't want to get involved in but can I plead with you to look at it in another light. If the victim of domestic violence was your child wouldn't it be worth it to have someone on their side? Remember that the next time you want to turn a blind eye to what you know is taking place. This was my life for numerous years and I wish I would've had someone stand up for me because too many looked the other way. I want to be the one there for you. If I can help you in any way please let me know.