Finding Hope and Healing from Emotional Abuse
Offering support for others who have been emotionally abused. Emotional abuse is a type of abuse that you can experience in an abusive relationship. Although it doesn’t leave you with physical scars, it can have a huge impact on your confidence and self-esteem.
What Does Emotional Abuse Consist Of:
Emotional abuse can involve any of the following:
- Verbal violence – yelling at you, insulting you or swearing at you.
- Rejection – pretending not to notice your presence, or ignoring your conversation.
- Put-downs – calling you names or telling you that you’re stupid, publicly embarrassing you, blaming you for everything.
- Causing fear – making you feel afraid, intimidated or threatened.
- Isolation – limiting your freedom of movement, stopping you from contacting other people (such as friends or family).
- Financial dependence – controlling or withholding your money, preventing you from working, stealing from you.
- Bullying – purposely and repeatedly saying or doing things that are hurtful to you.
Please let me know how I can help you