While in the midst of chaos concerning the pandemic, it can be rather challenging to find anything good surrounding it right? Keeping a positive outlook can be slim to none as well. That being said, what can you do to change these circumstances while in the midst of chaos?
Articles May Contain Affiliate Links As Well As Other Affiliate Programs. For More Detailed Information, Please See Our Affiliate Disclaimer Page. As An Amazon Associate, I Earn From Qualifying Purchases. For Bible Verses Translations Copyright Info, Please Visit Our FAQ Page.
Are you struggling to believe God’s promises of protection in the midst of chaos at this time? If so, can I ask you a bold yet sincere question? Where is your focus at the moment? Is your faith in God or the chaos and panic? If it’s the latter, what can you do to change this mindset?
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3
MAKE SURE TO PIN IT FOR LATER
is There Hope in the Midst of Chaos?
What if I told you it’s possible to see a positive side in all this chaos? As Christians, this is an opportunity for YOU to be good stewards of Jesus.
You have the power to share how you are able to remain calm in the midst of chaos while others are in panic mode. One of the best ways to do this is by acts of kindness.
And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ Matthew 25:40
Sweet friends, let me assure you that I mean no disrespect whatsoever in asking any of these questions. You should, by all means, follow standard safety precautions. That being said, however, none of this has caught God by surprise.
What is in the midst of chaos meaning and definition?
I looked up the definition of chaos and below is what I found:
Chaos is a state of extreme confusion and disorder. … The word chaos derives from a Greek word meaning “chasm” or “void,” which makes sense, given that chaos also refers to the formless state of matter before the cosmos was created.
- A state of utter confusion or disorder.
- A total lack of organization or order.
- Any confused, disorderly mass
- The chaos of meaningless phrases.
- The infinity of space or formless matter is supposed to have preceded the existence of the ordered universe.
- The personification of this is in several ancient Greek myths. Obsolete. Chasm. Abyss.
What do Acts of Kindness in the midst of chaos mean?
As Christians, you are to grow in the fruit of the spirit – love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, and kindness, and growth takes time.
When you plant a seed it does not transform into a tree overnight, right? However, with careful watering, tending, and patience, a seed will slowly grow day by day into a strong towering tree.
It’s the exact same process as kindness. People, in general, not just Christians, must be faithful every day to bear the good fruit of kindness. It should not take a pandemic of this magnitude to display love and kindness.
Working in the healthcare field during the pandemic
Per our screenings, the patient can not enter our facility until they complete the process of standard questions and temperature checks.
The process included for our patients such:
- Ask them how they are feeling.
- If they have any symptoms document them.
- If you deem them necessary set up a telehealth appointment with a doctor.
- Reassure the patient that doing a telehealth appointment is easy and simple.
- Follow up at an appropriate time before the doctor’s telehealth call to make sure the patient is ready.
Working as an oncology phlebotomist has given me an opportunity that some may not have at the moment.
If you know anything about cancer the individual already has an extremely compromised immune system.
Most of our patients come in wearing masks which is what’s required, right?
Now, first and foremost, I want to assure you that I do my best to follow standards and procedures and try not to break the rules.
Needless to say, with my autoimmune system, asthma, and allergies I’ve tried several masks and they all affect my respiratory system.
I can’t breathe, lose my voice, become congested, etc… When our Physicians witnessed my reaction to this they kindly told me I can work without the mask but to keep a good distance.
In the midst of chaos, There Is an Opportunity
During this pandemic, the world is being turned inside out and upside down. There’s not a single individual who has not been affected in one way or another right?
You and I have learned to adjust and adapt to a “new” normal. Due to social distancing, you learned to come up with creative ways to interact and communicate.
Where everyone was once quick to offer a handshake, pat on the back, or hug, it’s unacceptable to do this now.
Sweet friends, while the pandemic was far from everyone’s radar and most assuredly not what you wanted to happen grasp this opportunity to show God’s love. Let those who are in full-blown panic ask…
“Angie,” How is it possible that you have peace in the midst of chaos such as this?” Trust me I am very honest when asked.
Also, 9 times out of 10 when I share I place my hope in Christ they see and understand where I am coming from. This opens the door to witness for Jesus…Can YOU say glory to God Hallelujah!!
Opportunities for acts of kindness
Another positive outlook of the pandemic is has brought forth generosity and solidarity among different backgrounds, races, religions, etc…This is a good thing because it brings unity.
3 Easy Ways to show Acts of kindness in the midst of Chaos
1. Words of recognition and appreciation: acts of kindness
During this pandemic stress and anxiety are exceedingly high. Healthcare workers, myself included, and people, in general, need to hear…
- Thank you for being here for me.
- You’re doing an outstanding job.
- We will get through this together.
I can not begin to tell you how much it means to hear a patient say, “Thank you for what you do, putting yourself in harm’s way, and most importantly for being here for me.
I have really missed my church family but I’m thankful for technology. We’ve been doing virtual life group and it’s nice to at least interact with one another.
Technology has come a long way and you can use this resource to your full advantage. As humans, you get lonely and long for interaction and simply want to know that someone cares and is thinking about you.
Here are just a few ways:
- Online Church Services
- Text Message
- Phone Call
2. Provide service for Someone
Sweet friends, people are hurting and suffering in the midst of chaos due to anxiety, loneliness, or panic. These are God-given opportunities to make a difference in someone’s life. It can be the simple small gestures from your acts of kindness that can make all the difference. Such as:
- Write a letter to let someone know you’re thinking about them
- Pay for the person’s food behind you in the drive-thru
- Pick up groceries for family members or neighbors
- Pay for someone’s gas at the gas station
- Donate food and care packages
- Purchase a gift card to send
- Say a prayer for someone
- Pick up essentials
- Have food delivered
- Order flowers to send
3. Spend extra Quality Time with your family
I didn’t want this one to be overlooked because it’s equally important. Right now many are having to work from home while being their children’s teachers.
This can be challenging to say the least. This makes everyone’s schedule somewhat packed to try and work around. Practice small gestures and acts of kindness such as…
- Be willing to pitch in and help:
- Let your spouse sleep in
- Wash and fold laundry
- Cook dinner
- Do the dishes
- Mow the lawn
Usually, between work, school, and extracurricular events of sports you don’t get to be at home and spend quality family time together. Right now is the perfect time to enjoy one on one family time. Such as:
- Play charades
- Movie Marathons
- Do puzzles
- Play board games
- Play card games
- Ride Bikes
- Take a walk
- Family reading time
- Scripture memorizing
20 Prayers in the midst of chaos
As I was doing research on prayers to offer us as words of encouragement during these tough times I came across the following 20 prayers that are amazing. I hope they encourage you as much as they did me!
1. For the sick and infected: God, heal and help. Sustain bodies and spirits. Contain the spread of infection.
2. For our vulnerable populations: God, protect our elderly and those suffering from chronic disease. Provide for the poor, especially the uninsured.
3. For the young and the strong: God, give them the necessary caution to keep them from unwittingly spreading this disease. Inspire them to help.
4. For our local, state, and federal governments: God, help our elected officials as they allocate the necessary resources for combatting this pandemic. Help them to provide more tests.
5. For our scientific community, leading the charge to understand the disease and communicate its gravity: God, give them knowledge, wisdom, and a persuasive voice.
6. For the media committed to providing up-to-date information: God, help them to communicate with appropriate seriousness without causing panic.
7. For consumers of media, looking to be well-informed: God, help us find the most helpful local information to equip us to be good neighbors. Keep us from anxiety and panic, and enable us to implement the recommended strategies, even at a cost to ourselves.
8. For those with mental health challenges who feel isolated, anxious, and helpless: God, provides them with every necessary support.
9. For the homeless, unable to practice the protocols of social distancing in the shelter system: Protect them from disease, and provide isolation shelters in every city.
10. For international travelers stuck in foreign countries: God, help them return home safely and quickly.
11. For Christian missionaries throughout the world, especially in areas with high rates of infection: God, provide them with words of hope and equip them to love and serve those around them.
12. For workers in a variety of industries facing layoffs and financial hardship: God, keep them from panic, and inspire your church to generously support them.
13. For families with young children at home for the foreseeable future: God, help mothers and fathers to partner together creatively for the care and flourishing of their children. Single mothers and fathers grow their networks of support.
14. For parents who cannot stay home from work but must find care for their children: God, present them with creative solutions.
15. For those in need of regular therapies and treatments that must now be postponed: God, help them to stay patient and positive.
16. For business leaders making difficult decisions that affect the lives of their employees: God, give these women and men wisdom and help them to lead self-sacrificially.
17. For pastors and church leaders faced with the challenges of social distancing: God, help them to creatively imagine how to pastor their congregants and love their cities well.
18. For college and university students, whose courses of study are changing, whose placements are canceled, whose graduation is uncertain: God, show them that while life is uncertain, their trust is in you.
19. For Christians in every neighborhood, community, and city: May your Holy Spirit inspire us to pray, give, love, serve, and proclaim the gospel, so that the name of Jesus Christ might be glorified around the world.
20. For frontline healthcare workers, we thank you for their vocational call to serve us. We also pray:
- God, keep them safe and healthy. Keep their families safe and healthy.
- God, help them to be knowledgeable about the diagnosis and treatment of this disease, as well as the changing protocols.
- God, help them to stay clear-minded in the midst of the surrounding panic.
- God, deliver them from anxiety for their own loved ones (aging parents, children, spouses, roommates).
- God, give them compassion for every patient in their care.
- God, provide for them financially, especially if they fall ill and are unable to work.
- God, help Christians in health care to exhibit extraordinary peace, so that many would ask about the reason for their hope. Give them opportunities to proclaim the gospel.
God, we trust that you are good and do good. Teach us to be your faithful people in this time of global crisis. Help us to follow in the footsteps of our faithful shepherd, Jesus, who laid down his life for the sake of love. Glorify his name as you equip us with everything needed for doing your will. Amen.
This pandemic should be your wake-up call. Not only this, but it’s a reminder to not take your loved ones for granted. While you’re challenged in the midst of chaos, this gives you plenty of opportunities for acts of kindness. Remember this one last thing, when the social distancing mandate is removed, may you have a greater sense of appreciation for those we’ve missed! Amen!
Note: All information on this site is for educational purposes only. Resounding His Love does not provide medical advice. Please consult a physician if you suspect medical problems or need professional advice.
If this post has blessed you would you consider sharing it on our Facebook page and leaving a comment? Click the icon in the lower right corner and a URL will pop up. Simply copy/paste or share via one of the social links