God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way, and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, and the mountains quake with their surging. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. (Psalm 46:1-4).
Beloved, do NOT be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7).
I love the reminder in God’s word, about how we aren’t to be anxious about ANYTHING, don’t you Friends?
To live that verse, in reality, can be rather hard when you’re in long seasons of difficulties, isn’t it?
Anxiety can wreak havoc on your mind and soul.
When you have your back against the wall, and the road before you seems unending, it can take its toll on you.
Beloved, this is when you have to really be in God’s word and trust him wholeheartedly.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5).
I don’t want to repeat, the story of my health issues, but if you’ve not checked out My Health Journey, you can do that when you have time.
I’m naming today’s Appointment, DREADED DOOMSDAY!!
I know what you’re thinking, Please pick another name.
See beloved, I have an appointment, to see a surgeon today, Monday, October 16, 2017, for my foot.
Long story short is, I’ve been receiving treatment, for this issue, for over a year, with no success of healing.
If anything it’s gotten worse. That alone can shake your faith.
I was told they believe it’s a form a Verrucous Carcinoma.
I work in an Oncology Office, and I see first hand, these kinds of issues.
I know what to look for.
When you receive treatment after treatment, with no change whatsoever, it can make you somewhat weary and discouraged.
I have been told, by two different Dr’s, they have done ALL they know to do for me.
The Appointment Monday, will be the third Dr, for this same issue.
To say it’s frustrating and painful is putting it mildly.
Every time I take a step, it rubs that area.
For the past couple of weeks, this weekend being the worse, Satan has waged a war in my mind.
He has tried to make me doubt, the very goodness of God.
I will give you a few examples.
- If your God Loves you so much, why isn’t he making this go away?
- He must NOT Love you enough!
- If your God is so good, why is he allowing you to remain in pain? He must NOT care about you!
- Does God realize how painful this procedure is going to be on you?
- He must NOT give a hoot!
This and more has been running through my mind on repeat.
- GOD DOESN’T LOVE YOU!!
- GOD DOESN’T CARE ABOUT YOU!!
- YOU JUST NEED TO GIVE UP!
- GIVE UP!
- GIVE UP!
Life was sure better for you before you started serving him, wasn’t it?
- I shout loudly NO NO and NO!
- My life may not be perfect, but I’m in a much better place now than what I was EVER in, as a Non-Christian.
- My God LOVES me!
- My God CARES for me!
- My God will ALWAYS be there for me!
- No matter what health issues lie in front of me, my God will ALWAYS be there for me!
Scriptures of Truth
- For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:17-18).
- Beloved, God is my source of strength in ALL things! God will be there for me, whatever lies ahead of me. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9).
- My strength and power is found in Jesus Christ alone! I may not understand his ways, but his ways are better than my ways Friends! God is my strength and power, and he makes my way perfect. (2 Samuel 22:33).
- My Salvation comes from God, and whatever lies before me, I will still continue to shout and praise of God’s goodness! The Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation, this is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him. (Exodus 15:2).
- When I am feeling overwhelmed, I look to God who is my deliverer! The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:2).
- Even if my mortal body fails me, and cannot be healed, God will be enough for me! My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strengthof my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26).
- When I am filled with fear, from the lies Satan whispers in my mind, I will cry out to God and he will protect me! Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10).
- God’s grace WILL be enough for me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10).
- When I am feeling weak, I know I can turn to God for my strength! I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13).
- In all things of this world, they are short and temporary, and there is a purpose behind them, to mold and shape us, to be more like Jesus Christ, the Son of God! For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, work for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. (2 Corinthians 4:17).
- All of us need to display our faith, in times of trials and sufferings! Be a good witness for the Lord, in ALL THINGS! Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. (1 Timothy 6:12).
No matter what you may be facing right now, Do NOT lose faith and trust in God!
He is there for you ALWAYS.
Call on his name, and surrender all things, in his capable hands.
Keep fighting the GOOD FIGHT.
Choose to set your Mind, Eyes, and Heart on the Eternal Perspective, NOT the Worldly Perspective!
Your Sister in Christ
Welcome! My name is Angie and I’m all “about” sharing the unconditional Love, Hope, and Salvation, that is found in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I’m just a nobody wanting to tell everybody about somebody…JESUS CHRIST! I write about my ups and downs, my struggles and insecurities, but above all else, I share how God brings me through it all. Let’s continue our walk with Christ together.