God speaks to us when we read and study the Bible. Faith is believing, trusting and obeying God’s word as truth. Friends faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
I’m thankful my Mama shared Christ Jesus to me as a young girl.
However, I didn’t accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior until I was much older.
Sadly if no one had ever told me about Jesus, and how God had a plan for my life I would not realize that I would need faith, to begin with.
I would have no hope.
God has proven to be faithful to me again and again and I’m so thankful for that.
I want to be honest with you.
It is easy to have faith when all is going to well in your life but it’s in those difficult seasons when your faith is being stretched to its limits is when you show what your faith is made of.
Do I always pass the test? Unfortunately, I do not.
I am far from perfect but I’m thankful for God’s grace even when I do not deserve it.
Do you struggle with faith at times too? Trust me, friend, I know how hard it can be to cling to faith sometimes when you do not see your circumstances changing.
I love those two words so much.
It is during our hardest times that we grow closer to God and increase our faith because in those times we are forced to lean on him, not on our own understanding…AMEN!
It’s so important to be in the word to point us back to the truth that God is ALWAYS faithful to us even when we are not towards him.
I will share what helps me and my hope is it will help you too.
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1).
- Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. (1 Corinthians 16:13).
- If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. (James 1:5-6).
- As you, therefore, have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving. (Colossians 2:6-7).
- For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. (Ephesians 2:8).
- For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:26).
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such, there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23).
- But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 3:14-15).
- For we walk by faith, not by sight. (2 Corinthians 5:7).
- So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. (Mark 11:22-23).
- I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (Galatians 2:20).
- But without faith, it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6).
- Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1-2).
- That Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:17-19).
Friends I hope we can both grow in our faith as we look back on these very promises of the faithfulness of God.
My prayer is that we will keep growing in Christ Jesus no matter what challenges we come against together as Sisters and Brothers in the faith of God.
Your Sister in Christ