I can only speak for myself but when it comes to having the courage to speak to someone who does not want to hear about God it can seem extremely intimidating. I tend to say “someone else can reach them better than I ever could Lord.”
God does not say just reach those you are comfortable with now does he Friends?
No, he doesn’t!
As Christians, we must have the willingness to speak the good news of salvation to ALL because souls are at stake!
Jesus tells us that spreading the gospel would meet resistance:
Then they will deliver you to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. (Matthew 24:9).
I often wonder how the apostles had the courage to speak with boldness.
As born again followers of Jesus Christ we’ve received the Holy Spirit within us too. I also know they received numerous threats and were persecuted.
Just as the apostles had to choose between obeying God and obeying man, we must decide as well.
I think it’s easier to speak with strangers about salvation than speaking to one of my family members or friends.
Is it that way for you too?
Courage is having deep complete faith and trust in God.
The primary purpose of our lives is not what we can attain on this earth but what we gain when we leave this world behind.
I have listed scriptures to come back to when we need a boost of confidence in courage when sharing the gospel.
- For the Lord loves justice, And does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off. (Psalm 37:28)
- Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord! (Psalm 27:14).
- But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. (Isaiah 43:1).
- So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” (2 Kings 6:16).
- Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. (Psalm 37:3).
- He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might, He increases strength. (Isaiah 40:29).
- Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the Lord. (Psalm 31:24).
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. (Phillippians 4:13).
- Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6).
- Be strong and of good courage, and do it; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord God—my God—will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord. (1 Chronicles 28:20).
- The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1).
- For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. (Isaiah 41:13).
- Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed and hidden that will not be known. (Matthew 10:26).
- And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Hell. (Matthew 10:28).
- For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba Father. (Romans 8:15).
- Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. (1 Corinthians 16:13).
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7).
My Prayer is that the words written by God will give each of us to go boldly with the confidence we need to speak courageously.
We must reflect back on these truths when we need the reminder that in of ourselves we can do nothing but with God, we are capable of doing everything by the Holy Spirit within us.
Your Sister in Christ