If you are like me finding comfort in difficult situations can be extremely hard to find sometimes. Do you see it that way too?
Especially during the never-ending seasons of life when we may be asking “Where are you, God?”
As Christian’s, we cling to the hope that can ONLY be found in Christ Jesus to sustain us in all the situations in our lives both good and bad.
Hardships come in life due to us living in a fallen world. It began with Adam and Eve in the garden when sin entered the world because of their disobedience.
At one time or another, all of us will encounter sickness, disappointment, civil injustice, personal cruelties, and death.
All of these should be having us draw near to the ONLY anchor strong enough to carry us through them…Jesus Christ.
Sadly I am guilty of pushing God away when I need him more than ever.
I also know that I am NOT the only one who has done so.
Full of grace and mercy will draw us back to himself and provide the never-ending comfort than ONLY he can give to his children.
My Prayer is that you and I will come to the fountain that will NEVER run dry when we need to held and reminded of the comfort that is found in the arms of our Heavenly Father.
I have listed scriptures below when we need to be reminded where we can find safety and be comforted completely.
- God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. (Psalm 46: 1-3).
- Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand Against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me. (Psalm 138:7).
- The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:2).
- Our fathers trusted in You; They trusted, and You delivered them. (Psalm 22:24).
- Though he falls, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand. (Psalm 37:24).
- The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him. (Nahum 1:7).
- But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble. (Psalm 37:39).
- Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. (Psalm 55:22).
- These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world, you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33).
- Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28).
- For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ. (2 Corinthians 1:5).
- The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble. (Psalm 9:9).
- For the Lord will not cast off forever. Though He causes grief, Yet He will show compassion According to the multitude of His mercies. For He does not afflict willingly, Nor grieve the children of men. (Lamentations 3: 31-33).
- Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord! (Psalm 27:14).
I pray you will believe these truths today friend and I hope it gives you comfort. Remember our God is more than enough to carry all our burdens and replace our troubles with peace and contentment to our hurting hearts.
Your Sister in Christ