Friends, Do you ever let your anger get the best of you? I can say with 100% accuracy that I am more than certain that we ALL have faced anger in some form or another from time to time.
As born again followers of Jesus Christ we must remember that we need to show the same temperament as Christ did.
It is of the utmost importance that when we find ourselves letting our anger get the best of us that we repent and ask forgiveness for it.
We should also Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to convict us and make known to us where we fall short in doing so.
I know we aren’t perfect but we should strive to be more of an example of Jesus Christ to others because you and I just may be the ONLY representation of Jesus some may see.
I have made a list below for you to meditate on.
- A fool vents all his feelings, But a wise man holds them back. (Proverbs 29:11).
- For the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. (James 1:20).
- The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger, And his glory is to overlook a transgression. (Proverbs 19:11).
- Do not hasten in your spirit to be angry, For anger rests in the bosom of fools. (Ecclesiastes 7:9).
- A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger. (Proverbs 15:1).
- A wrathful man stirs up strife, But he who is slow to anger allays contention. (Proverbs 15:18).
- But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. (Colossians 3:8).
- He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, And he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city. (Proverbs 16:32).
- Make no friendship with an angry man, And with a furious man do not go. (Proverbs 22:24).
- He who is slow to wrath has a great understanding, But he who is impulsive exalts folly. (Proverbs 14:29).
- What is desired in a man is kindness, And a poor man is better than a liar. (Proverbs 19:22).
- Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. (Colossians 3:21).
- Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath. (Ephesians 4:26).
- Better to dwell in the wilderness, Than with a contentious and angry woman. (Proverbs 21:19).
- Wrath is cruel and anger a torrent, But who is able to stand before jealousy? (Proverbs 27:4).
- Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret—it only causes harm. For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the Lord, They shall inherit the earth. (Psalms 37:8-9).
- So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. (James 1:19-20).
- If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; For so you will heap coals of fire on his head, And the Lord will reward you. (Proverbs 25:21-22).
- Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. Therefore. “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. (Romans 12:19-21).
- Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. (James 1:1-2).
- But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. (Matthew 5:22).
- Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. (Ephesians 4:31-32).
I hope these scriptures will be a resource for you to refer back to when you need to be reminded to be slow to anger.
We must remember that people are watching how we react in situations so let’s be good examples.
Your Sister in Christ